Multi-Channel Attribution/Assisted Conversion Value
Many advertisers use Google Analytics for reporting, which reports on a last click basis. Although retargeting is a supplementary channel to the complete marketing mix (and is not an exclusively last-click solution), we always recommend looking at multi-channel attribution and the assisted conversion value of your marketing channels.
Assisted conversions for a given channel counts all conversions in which that channel was a non-last interaction. Assisted Conversion Value is the total value associated with those conversions.
The more this ratio value exceeds 1, the more the channel assisted sales and conversions. This metric reinforces why analyzing retargeting’s assisted conversions is important when measuring the success of your campaign.
See the Assisted/Last Click or Direct Conversions column and how the different channels perform. Retargeting for example:
- Criteo = 2.66
How to view Assisted Conversions in Google Analytics (GA)
- From the main GA dashboard, click on Conversions
- Open the Multi-Channel Funnels menu
- Click on “Assisted Conversions” – the data to right will change
- Change the conversion type to “E-commerce” only
- Scroll down and view this data by Source/Medium – find it under “Primary Dimension”
Get in touch at email@example.com